New Faculty Majority Mission Statement:
NFM is dedicated to improving the quality of higher education by advancing professional equity and securing academic freedom for all adjunct and contingent faculty. For this purpose, NFM engages in education and advocacy to provide economic justice and academic equity for all college faculty. NFM is committed to creating stable, equitable, sustainable, non-exploitative academic environments that promote more effective teaching, learning, and research. NFM is part of the broader movement for human and worker rights.
NFM’s mission is shaped by the principles embodied in the following documents:
- UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948)
- Resolution on fixed-term higher education teaching personnel from the The Fifth World Congress of Education International meeting in Berlin, Germany from 22 to 26 July, 2007
- International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Adopted by General Assembly resolution 2200A (XXI) of 16 December 1966 of the Office of the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights
New Faculty Majority Goals:
- Compensation: Equity in Compensation: Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Job Security: Equity in Job Security: Automatic Contract Renewals after Probationary Period
- Academic Freedom: Equity in Academic Freedom: Freedom from Retaliation in All Teaching and Research
- Faculty Governance: Equity in Faculty Governance – Right to Participate Equally for All Faculty Members
- Professional Advancement: Equity in Professional Advancement: Progressive Salary Steps and Equal Access to Professional Development Opportunities for All Faculty
- Benefits: Equity in Benefits: Access to the Same Health Insurance & Retirement Benefits for All
- Unemployment Insurance: Equity in Unemployment Insurance: Access to the Same Benefits as Other Seasonal Employees
New Faculty Majority: Website.